Brass lamps are beautiful and look great in any decor. But, as you probably know, brass cannot be left dirty as it will tarnish and discolor.
I’ve always wondered how to clean brass lamps properly, so today I decided to do some research and share my findings with you.
Check out these 5 tips on how to clean brass lamps and get them looking like new!
Let’s start with some facts
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc and is often used in household items, such as lamps.
Lamps made of brass can add a touch of elegance to any room.
However, over time, brass lamps can become dull and tarnished.
Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can follow to clean your brass lamps and make them look like new again.
How to clean brass lamps? – Step by step guide
- Start by mixing equal parts flour and salt in a small bowl.
- Add drops of white vinegar to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the bronze: you can do it with a soft cloth or a sponge. If you do it with your hands, wear rubber gloves to protect your skin.
- After having tested the product on a small surface, rub the entire surface with a dry and soft cloth in circular movements. You will notice that the patina begins to come off. Otherwise, continue rubbing vigorously until the bronze regains its color and shine.
- Let the paste rest on the bronze for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse the bronze with lukewarm water and pat dry immediately with a soft towel.
- If the patina persists, I repeated the procedure
Why this method works so well
The combination of flour and salt is a great way to clean brass because it acts as a gentle abrasive.
The vinegar helps to break down any dirt or grime that might be stuck on the surface of the lamp. Plus, this method is really easy and doesn’t require any special materials or tools.
Is there any harm if we try other methods?
Vinegar is a safe, natural way to clean your brass lamps. You can also use a little elbow grease and mix flour and salt together to form a paste.
If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can add drops of white vinegar to the mix. Apply the paste on the bronze: you can do it with a soft cloth or a sponge.
If you do it with your hands, wear rubber gloves to protect your skin.
Brass pendant light cleaning.
If you have a brass pendant light that needs cleaning, there are a few simple steps you can take to restore its shine.
First, remove any dust or debris that may be on the light with a cloth or a vacuum cleaner. If the light has any stickers or stickers that are attached to the brass, remove them first.
Next, wash the light with warm, soapy water. Be sure to rinse it off thoroughly and dry it off.
Finally, use a brass polish or a brass cleaner to restore the light’s shine.